You can enjoy a week in the sun by visiting one of the world’s most beautiful cities as well as experience two days of Big 5 game viewing in a non malaria game reserve.
Depart from your home base to sunny Cape Town, South Africa.
On arrival at Cape Town International Airport , you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure to relax after your flight or opt for optional sightseeing.
Overnight: Cape Paradise Lodge (or similar).
Day 03, 04 & 05:
The next three full days at your leisure to relax, shop or enjoy some exciting sights – traditional or adventurous (at own expense). There are so many exciting activities available in the Mother City that there is bound to be something to suit everyone’s needs and definitely tick off some bucket list items. For more traditional sightseeing we recommend the following, however please contact us if you require any tailor made experiences:
- A morning city tour of Cape Town taking in the colourful Malay Quarter and the vibrant Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, plus ascent of Table Mountain (weather permitting) for breathtaking views. On a clear day it is possible to see Robben Island from the summit, a visit to which can be included on a full day city tour.
- A visit to the Winelands which could include wine tastings at Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl wine estates. South African wines are world renowned and with local restaurants also serving award winning food, this could turn into a foodie’s dream day.
- Enjoy a drive along the spectacularly beautiful Chapman’s Peak Drive to Cape Point Nature Reserve where for the most spectacular views and scenery. Follow this with a visit to the endangered African Penguin colony at Boulder’s Beach where it is possible to watch the antics of the colony from raised wooden boardwalks. A fitting finale to the day is a visit to the world famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens where the Boomslang walkway allows you to view the Gardens from treetop height.
For those seeking some excitement, Cape Town has a multitude of activities for the more adventurous:
- Conquer your fear by participating in a shark cage diving expedition. Learn more about these fascinating creatures from your onboard guide while coming face to face with Great White sharks.
- A guided walk up Table Mountain from Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens will give you a totally different perspective of this famous landmark. And once at the top you can take a sedate ride down in the cable car or opt for a once in a lifetime experience by abseiling down Table Mountain.
- If two wheels is more interesting than four, there are a number of guided bicycle rides throughout the scenic attractions of the Peninsula, as well as motorbike sightseeing adventures in vintage WW2 sidecars.
Overnight: Cape Paradise Lodge (or similar)
Meals Included: Breakfast.
Transfer back to Cape Town airport for your departure on a morning flight to Port Elizabeth (flight cost not included). On arrival you will be met and transferred to Kariega Game reserve ( or similar) which is a mere hour road transfer away. The Eastern Cape is the fastest growing nature and conservation area in South Africa and offers the best in malaria-free, Big 5 wildlife safaris.
After check in and lunch (depending on arrival time) depart on a late afternoon game drive in an open game viewing vehicle returning to the lodge for dinner and overnight. Overnight: Kariega Game Reserve, Main Lodge (or similar)
Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner
A full day at Kariega Game Reserve with both early morning and late afternoon guided game drives, time for relaxation at the pool or enjoy a river cruise or guided bush walk for a different perspective of the African Bush and its inhabitants.
Overnight: Kariega Game Reserve, Main Lodge (or similar)
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Time permitting enjoy an early morning game drive followed by breakfast and road transfer back to Port Elizabeth Airport for your flight to Cape Town International Airport. Depart on a flight to Cape Town (flight cost not included) connecting on a flight back home. Or why not extend your stay into the Okavango Delta in Botswana or visit the mighty Victoria Falls in Zambia?
Meals Included: Breakfast.
Cost of the above from ZAR 10902 per person sharing in a twin/double room throughout.
- Accommodation as specified in standard en suite twin or double rooms
- Meals as specified
- Airport transfers as specified
- Return transfer to the game lodge from Port Elizabeth Airport
- Game viewing activities as per the lodge
- All flights
- Meals not specified
- All drinks
- All sightseeing in Cape Town
- Tips to drivers, guides and lodge staff
- Items of a personal nature e.g. laundry, telephone, hotel mini bar, etc